The Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation works with and through partners to help end childhood hunger in the U.S., because no child should be hungry today or risk being hungry again tomorrow.
Globally, Stop Hunger is working for a hunger-free world in 3 fields of intervention: support to local communities in need, women empowerment, and emergency assistance affecting entire populations in areas of chronic hunger. Stop Hunger relies on local and international partnerships with 1,200 NGOs, as well as the unique ecosystem of Sodexo, its founding partner.
Locally, we focus on the following activities:
- Stop Hunger Servathon
- Food Recovery and Donations
- Cause-related Partnerships
- Payroll Giving
- Community Gardens
We provide additional support through the following programs:
- Feeding Our Future® – A summer meal program where Sodexo partners with hunger relief organizations to provide free nutritious meals to children. Watch the video: A Day in the Life of Feeding Our Future
- Backpack Food Program – A program where local food banks, supported by Sodexo, provide backpacks filled with non-perishable food to students in need to take home and eat when school meal programs are unavailable.
- On-Campus Food Pantries – A program where local food banks and colleges, supported by Sodexo, help combat the silent epidemic of hunger on college campuses and support students’ quality of life. The objectives of this program are to increase food insecure college students’ access to nutritious foods so that they can focus on their health, wellbeing, and academic success.
Join the effort to end childhood hunger in the U.S. Contact us to learn more about becoming a Sodexo Stop Hunger Champion today.